Wednesday 11 March 2009

Narrow Gauge Intermodal wagons

Andy in Germany has built a 1:55 40' container and is planning on building a narrow gauge intermodal wagon for it to run on. A comment from TomC suggests using this RhB wagon as a basis for a model. Andy is planning on making a wagon with a 40' deck with the bogies under the deck to keep the length down. Whilst I think that a narrow gauge version of the FLA Lowliners would be ideal that is not something I am going to attempt in OO9. My plan has been to a wagon with similar dimensions to the RhB wagons but similar styling to the EWS FAA so I'm pleased to see that something like this does exist.

The only trouble I have is trying to find time to design and build an intermodal wagon when I'm struggling to find time to finish the pizza or anything on my workbench!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement and the link- sorry I didn't respond. I'm trying to keep on top of work and other stuff and it's a bit busy and very tiring right now. I've a couple of ideas and a post or two on time delay though...

Zabdiel said...

No problem. I thought you'd be uncharacteristically quiet recently.