Wednesday 21 January 2009

Mike Hamer's B&M Railroad

You may have noticed a new link has appeared in the standard gauge links section. I thought I'd write a short blog entry about it - I may go back and blog about some of my other links in future. I found the B&M Railroad from a post on RMweb in the excellent Southerham thread by number6. Like him I'm a fan of American layout designs and would like to incorporate some aspects into my loft layout. The plan of the B&M is superb and gives an amazing sense of space in a 11'x13' room (which is tiny by the standards of American layouts). Now how can I include similar ideas and a double track main line? Well I've got plenty of time to think about it and already have a few ideas. Number6 has given me a few more things to think about with his plan.

1 comment:

Mike Hamer said...

Hello,

Mike Hamer here. I am so pleased that the design of my layout can be of helpful use to other modellers who are confined to building railroads in tight spaces. Best of luck on your future model railroad ventures!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada