Wednesday 31 October 2007

ExpoNG 2007

I didn't go but instead spent Saturday painting the living room. However due to the wonders of modern technology I spent some time yesterday evening looking at pictures taken by people who did. Michael Campbell has written a ExpoNG 2007 blog entry and posted some photos. Stephan Fulljames has also taken some photos. He doesn't have doesn't have a blog entry about them (yet) but they are well described on flikr. Edit: Stephan posted his ExpoNG blog entry at around the same time I posted this. There are also some photos by Simon King (MTA) in this NRM thread.

There were a couple of layouts that I remember reading about years ago. Benfield Hall (which I knew was going to be there) I remember from Railway Modeller and it is part of the reason I'd been thinking about pizza layouts. There was also Eitomo which is featured in a book I own "Scenic Railway Modelling" which was a plesent suprise. Another highlight was Stephan's photos was the Nn3 layout - the detail and the way the backsceen and model blend togther is amazing.

The pizza competition will be judged by Carl Arendt - Edit - the results can be found here.

Hopefully next year I'll be blogging about being there rather than other people's photos!

3 comments:

stephen said...

Shame you couldn't be there, it was a great show. However it's the 25th anniversary next year and they're promising an even better one!

Andy said...

Just found the blog, and I'll keep coming back... It's good to find another narrow gauger. I' especially interested in the Eastern European B-B you have planned. Please post pictures ASAP...

Zabdiel said...

Stephen - I hope to be there next year. It's in my calendar!

Andy - I'm hoping to get some modelling done this week! I'll try to get some pictures of my plans for the diesel - and some photos of the progress.